Taking care of our health is a priority that must be taken into account throughout life. A good diet complemented with physical exercise helps greatly; however, other factors influence a person’s health, among these is a correct posture in the workplace. With the advancement of technology, most of us have to work sitting all day in chairs. People who sit in office chairs for more than 4-6 hours a day are exposed to multiple health problems. These problems include incorrect posture, back pain, neck problems, etc., leading to severe medical conditions if proper care is not taken. To keep the body in an ideal state, it is necessary to use optimal and suitable furniture for each need.
Today, people follow an ergonomic approach to reduce these risks. Ergonomic chairs are those that provide adequate rest specifically for those parts of your body that are more prone to stress and pain during work. But what are those benefits, and what differentiates them from the others? In this article, we list some of the main reasons you should start using an ergonomic chair in the workplace, classroom, or even while working from home. If you are an employer, you can find out why you should help your employees maintain good posture and relax by using an ergonomic chair.
REASONS WHY ERGONOMIC CHAIRS ARE SUITABLE FOR OFFICE WORKERS
When a chair meets all the characteristics mentioned in the first part of this blog, it becomes a valuable element to protect your health. Next, we list the benefits of the continuous and correct use of an ergonomic chair.
- One of the most important benefits of using an ergonomic chair is that it supports your posture and makes work more convenient.
- The user can perform these activities comfortably sitting in a chair, which was previously difficult to do without getting up. This reduces stress as the user can maintain a perfect posture for a more extended period.
- Ergonomic chairs are much more comfortable than normal task chairs, as each chair is designed with habits, personality, traits, line of work, etc., in the user’s mind. Therefore, such chairs provide a lot of comfort to the user, as they are effortless to use.
- The person whose line of work involves sitting in a chair for more hours is likely to develop a long-term neck problem.
- Using ergonomic chairs reduces these difficulties by giving your neck adequate support, reducing the amount of generally experienced strain.
- It also avoids complicated problems like cervical spondylosis, which starts from mere stiffness in the neck and shoulder areas.
- Ergonomic chairs provide the user with a full-back option, which not only supports your spine, but its reclining function allows you to stretch your back up to more than 120 degrees. This results in fewer back pain complaints.
- Sitting in a regular chair puts a tremendous amount of pressure on your hips and glutes. These problems can be reduced by using ergonomic chairs, as they are made of soft material, which puts less pressure on these areas.
- The idea that ergonomic chairs are ideal for office workers hasn’t just come about because of some speculation. On the contrary, these chairs have been tested and certified to ensure optimal safety for users.
WHAT FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCES ARE THERE BETWEEN ERGONOMIC CHAIRS AND COMMON ONES?
Common chairs serve the purpose of offering a seat. However, they do not consider the needs of people who spend a lot of time sitting. This is where the value of ergonomics is revealed. According to experts, ergonomics is the “science that studies how to adapt the relationship of human beings with their environment”. So, the design of the ergonomic chair matches the security needs and comfort, improving posture and protecting the health of those who use them.